Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Ok so the girls & I were playing their new Band Hero game yesterday on the Wii and one of the songs is "American Pie". I had the mic, so I'm singing...
"Drove my chevy to the levee, but the levee was dry. Them good old boys were drinkin...."
WTF? They left out WHISKEY!!!! You can't sing it "them good old boys were drinkin and rye..." it doesn't make sense! I sang the word, which probably gave me lower points. They are just being politically correct. If there was a copyright problem, the song wouldn't be there.... not in a well known game like that. The artist is listed in the title with the original song playing in the background (with words... just "blanking out" the word whiskey.).
Grrrr. Stupid. The world is going to shit.
Check them out....
For the dalmation lovers out there! I've got a spot in my heart just for you! Cute for kids, teachers or just those who love dalmatian dogs!
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
1. Isn't showing a condom commercial during Sex Rehab With Dr Drew almost like showing a pain narcotic or an alcohol commercial during Intervention?
um... I guess? Is this even a question? I mean, it is a question... but it's like a question that doesn't want an answer.
There are a couple ornaments on it already though. I put all the stuffed animal ornaments in a bag last year I guess and threw them in the box with the ribbons & garland. As I opened the bag I smiled and got a little teary eyed as I pulled out Ernie, Mr Snuffalupagus, Elmo & Flounder (Bert must have gotten put in with the rest of the ornaments, so he's MIA at the moment) and set them at the top of the tree. See, these few ornaments have been on our tree every year for 15 years.... since our 1st Christmas. Demon #1 was only 3 months old and we were the brokest parents in the world. There was no way we could afford a tree AND all the trimmings so we just bought the tree - the most pathetic 5 foot tree that you could buy for $20. We set it up and I went into Demon #1's room and raided her stuffed animals. I strung Kix on a string for garland. It was pretty sad, but it was my favorite tree we've ever had. That year there were no presents under the tree either... none except for the $5 ragdoll that Jason went out and got for the baby demon because I insisted she had to get something. The next year we were a little better off so we did buy some ornaments, but those couple have stayed to remind us how far we've come since that 1st Christmas together.
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
Ok anyway, onto what most of you came to read today....
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Berleen, the color snow white and the number 8 (days until my birthday).
1. Sometimes when you are sitting around doing nothing, a thought randomly pops into your head. How many measuring cups do you own?
I personally own too damn many. But I did recently purchase a set from Pampered Chef that rocks my world. All my other measuring cups could perish in a fire and I wouldn't care. There's even a tiny one that you can use as a mesauring spoon!
2. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
chocolate & peanut butter, of course!
3. Egg nog - is it digestible?
I wouldn't know. Can't get past the smell of the stuff.
4. Were you one of the insane humans who went to a store last Friday?
Nope. I remembered that I hate shopping that day and stayed home!
5. There are 12 months in a year, anywhere from 28 - 31 days in a month, depending on the year, of course. Each day holds a special meaning for someone, some days hold a special meaning for everybody. Do you have a 2010 calendar yet?
Nope. Second nope of this blog post. Fun. I'm hoping for a Twilight calendar for Christmas, though. Hint hint.
6. Kids are funny sometimes and say the darndest things, but it's ok because they are kids and they are so adorable. A two year old is cute when they say a swear word. Admit it, they are. What was your favorite nursery rhyme growing up? Hey - if you don't have a favorite, just work with me here and pick the first one that fell off the wall and broke like an egg or came out of the sky like a cow who just jumped over the moon.
Three little kittens they lost their mittens, and they began to cry,
"Oh mother dear, we sadly fear that we have lost our mittens."
"What! Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!
Then you shall have no pie."
"Meeow, meeow, meeow, now we shall have no pie."
The three little kittens they found their mittens,
And they began to cry,
"Oh mother dear, see here, see here
For we have found our mittens."
"Put on your mittens, you silly kittens
And you shall have some pie"
"Meeow, meeow, meeow,
Now let us have some pie."
The three little kittens put on their mittens
And soon ate up the pie,
"Oh mother dear, we greatly fear
That we have soiled our mittens."
"What! soiled you mittens, you naughty kittens!"
Then they began to cry, "Meeow, meeow, meeow"
Then they began to sigh.
The three little kittens they washed their mittens
And hung them out to dry,
"Oh mother dear, do you not hear
That we have washed our mittens."
"What! washed your mittens, you are good kittens."
But I smell a rat close by,
"Meeow, meeow, meeow" we smell a rat close by...
7. Most of us have some type of machine that people like to call 'vehicles'. Some are blue, some are yellow, some are red. Some have trunks, some have beds and some even can't decide if they are a car or a truck. We put gas in them, check the oil and drive them all over the place and stop them in places called parking spots. Picture in your mind the machine you currently own and if you own more than one, picture the one you last drove - when was the last time you had a new tire on it?
Um..... yeah, like I remember that.
8. For those of us on Facebook, do you wish to share your Facebook identity with us?
Does this link work?
9. Santa's coming! Where's the best place to hide presents? Any clever little tricks for keeping those nosey people from ruining the surprise?
I hide them in the basement. We have a hole in the ground type basement... concrete floor, rock walls with some dirt mixed in. Furnace, water heater and Christmas decos are all thats down there. The kids are afraid of the basement so they never travel down those stairs.
10. Have you heard that the world is going to end in 2012? Some people think that the world isn't actually going to go BOOM! and be no more, they think that the "end of the world" is actually going to be a worldwide takeover by a certain country and/or religion, which all has to do with the current president of the USA. Do you agree?
I am one of those people who is afraid of the end of the world. I won't even watch movies about it - I get nightmares. When my husband told me this idea people have about Muslims taking over, I told him to shut up. It was too late - I'm obsessed about it now.
11. Butterly, butterfly fluttering through the air, please don't land on my freshly washed hair. What brand of shampoo did you use this morning? (and for those of you who still stink.. think of yesterday morning... and if that still doesn't apply to you - go get your stinky butt in the shower!)
Aussie. It rocks my world. Although I bought Suave conditioner yesterday because it was on sale and decided to use it because it was the coconut stuff and I love that smell. Shouldn't have done it. My hair feels like straw now.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
1. Thursday Thunks is written by 2 insane women (Berleen & Kimber) that have never met face to face yet are best friends. One lives in Minnesota and the other in Arizona. They keep trying to convince each other to move to their state. What color house will Berleen have here in Arizona?
Invisible color because it wouldn't exsist. The correct question is the color of Kimber's house in Minnesota.
2. Do you dream in black & white or color, and how do you know your brain isn't just playing games with you?
I think color, but I'm not sure.
Ask the bedpost?
4. We're buying Underoos. Which superhero do you pick?Spongebob... because it's what I'm wearing now.
5. Do you think if you yell loud enough while watching your favorite sporting event, it makes a difference in the outcome of the event?Of course.. why do you think we yell?
6. Is the word gullible in the dictionary?Sure.
7. If you could pick any currancy to be the face on which currancy would it be?Huh? Kimber, you're slacking...
8. What was your imaginary friend's name as a kid, and did they ever annoy you or just us?I didn't need one. I had real friends.
9. Do you think it's ironic that the poop deck is in the rear of the ship?Ironic? Yes. It's more ironic that I really didn't know where it was.
Thank you to my hubby for helping with insane questions when we are both sick, and you now know the crazy I married. No drugs, just insanity. And lots of laughter. Can't wait to read your answers.
Friday, November 06, 2009
Promotion dates: November 3, 2009 – November 9, 2009
Enter coupon code: sledder20 at checkout
* Save 20% off your purchase from the sledderwear shop (CafePress.com/sledderwear), excluding shipping charges and applicable sales tax. Coupon code must be entered at check out. Promotion starts on November 3, 2009, at 12:00 a.m. (PST) and ends on November 9, 2009, at 11:59 p.m. (PST). All orders must be from CafePress.com/sledderwear (i.e., all products available from the following URL http://www.cafepress.com/sledderwear). Excludes other CafePress shop or marketplace purchases, Gift Certificates, Flip Minos, SIGG bottles, CafePress Groups purchases and bulk orders. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupons or promotions and may change, be modified or cancelled at anytime without notice.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Buck Princess by HookLineNSinker
Thursday, October 29, 2009
1. So Halloween is this weekend, if you haven't heard. Are you gonna open your doors up or not?
Of course. I think Demon #1 and her bff are handing out candy.
2. You better open 'em cuz I'm coming... what are you putting in my treat bag?
M&M's, Payday and Butterfingers. And blow pops for those with peanut allergies.
3. Since October is the bestest month for television (well for cable & dish subscribers it is) and there is a horror movie on at any given time of the day - are you sick of them yet?
4. Which one of those movies can you watch over & over again?
Almost all of them...
5. Tell us about a Halloween scare you've had....
When I was TorT'ing with a friend and we saw this scarecrow laying in the yard... then it jumped up and chased us.
6. Did you watch the old Casper cartoons when you were a youngin? Well, back then they weren't old I suppose, but I'm sure you still understand my question.
I loved Casper :)
7. Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?
8. Haunted Houses... you know, the kinds you pay to get in and they chase you with chainsaws and severed heads.... do you like 'em?
No. But I go to them anyway LOL
9. Do you use cute cartoon type wrapping paper for Christmas presents or the not cutesy paper? Or are you one of those gift card and/or gift bag people?
Cute snowmen, cute santas and fuzzy critters.
10. How long do boiled eggs need to stay in the boiling water before they become hard boiled eggs?
Ok so far from what I read, nobody actually caught this one. Hard boiled eggs can't not become hard boiled eggs.
11. Jason is coming in through your front door... Freddy is coming through your back door... zombies are at every window of the house and Norman Bates is calling to invite you to dinner... what do you do?
I run to Jason, of course... my hubby will always save me. :)
12. Did you know that the scariest part of Halloween is giving all of your Reeses Peanut Butter Cups away?
Yep and thats why the bags of them I bought don't go into the hand-out bowl.
13a. If you were to play a part of a haunted house (not the ghosts in the attic kind), what would you want to be?
13b. Have you ever played a part in a haunted house?
Yeah, a couple friends of mine and myself were in a G-rated haunted house at the elementary school. James & Chris were mad scientists and I was who they were experimenting on.
14. If Thursday Thunks had a Halloween party, what do you think Kimber & Berleen would come dressed as?
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb?
15. Do you cook a turkey for Thanksgiving?
16. Have you ever read a book that scared the pants off of you?
Stephen King's Pet Semetary - ok well, it helped that when I finished the book I was on Church Ave next to a cemetery - that was weird.
17. Whats the predicted high temperature for today?
18. Have you ever howled at the moon?
You ain't lived until you do...
19.You are in an alley and a werewolf and a vampire are coming at you - one of them has to win. Which one do you want to bite you?
I'll go for the wolf... at least he's nice & warm & furry.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
A Dog's Purpose - (from a 6-year-old).
Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.
I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.
The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker 's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.
The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ''I know why.''
Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.
He said,''People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?'' The Six-year-old continued, ''Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long.''
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass..
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
I take that back... I'll come back if Kimber promises to return my fricken phone call this week.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Sunday Stealing: The Magical Mystery Tour Meme
1. Is there anybody you just wish would fall off the planet?
Does that mean they would get sucked out into space and die a horrible death? Then no, not really. I wouldn't even wish that on my ex.
2. How do you flush the toilet in public?
Um excuse me, but why is the toilet in public? Wouldn't it be in the privacy (coughbullshitcough) of a public bathroom?
Anyway, I was born with a steel bladder - at least thats what the husband calls is - so I never have to use public toilets.
3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car?
*sigh* yes. Ever since that stupid law went into effect. I still leave it off occasionally when I'm just driving around town... I mean, why put it on only to take it off in 3 minutes?
4. Do you have a crush on someone?
Wouldn't you like to know?
5. Name one thing you worry about running out of.
Don't laugh... you already know the answer.... peanut butter cups. It's like the end of the world when the bag is empty and there is no back up.
6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble?
I have no clue.
7. What is your favourite pizza topping?
I have no "one" favorite... it has to have a whole bunch of stuff on it before I'll eat it.
8. Do you crack your knuckles?
all the time
9. What song do you hate the most?
Haven't we been over this? Drive by the Cars. And not for the song itself... just that The Cars came out with a song called Drive. It's stupid.
10. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head?
Nope, because I haven't heard the song in years and I can't think of how it goes.
11. What are your super powers?
I can break hearts faster than a speeding bullet....
12. Peppermint or spearmint?
Aeren't they sorta the same thing?
13. Where are your car keys?
Um... I think they are by the washer.
14. Last song you listened to?
Whatever was on the radio yesterday. I remember hearing She Thinks My Tractors Sexy, but not sure if it was the last song or not.
15. What's your most annoying habit?
Saying I'm going to take a break from memes and then keep doing them.
16. Where did you last go on vacation?
17. What is your best physical feature?
my big muscle husband when I'm holding his hand.
18. What CD is closest to you right now?
a CD with all my graphics on them
19. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator?
tortillas, chocolate syrup and a light bulb
20. What superstition do you believe/practice?
I don't know, it's hard to figure out what I do for superstition and what I just do because I have a mental problem.
21. What colour are your bed sheets?
dark blue at the moment, but my leopard print flannel ones are going on there real soon.
22. Would you rather be a fish or a bird?
a bird. I hate being underwater.
23. Last thing you broke?
the bubbler for the fish tank. I was trying to save our catfish - he got stuck in a hole.
24. What are you having to eat tonight?
something with hamburger.
25. What colour shirt are you wearing?
a satin leopard print night shirt that the demons got me for Christmas last year
26. If you could be doing anything else today, what would you rather be doing?
driving to the lottery claims office
27. Do security cameras make you nervous?
28. If you wrote a book about your life, what would the title be?
This is not your life
29. Last time you went to a cemetery?
Well if that doesn't make me feel guilty. It's been a couple months. I wonder if my mom is pissed off yet.
30. Last concert you went to?
31. Favourite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert?
32. Next concert you're planning to attend?
33. Do you talk to yourself?
No. I talk to the voices.
34. Have you ever adopted or purchased a pet?
35. Have you ever been present when an animal is being born?
Yep. Puppies & kittens.
Thursday, October 08, 2009
1. Bud- What type of meme question is the hardest?
All of them. To figure out if you want to answer seriously or not-s0-serious.
Saturday, October 03, 2009
The husband and Demon #2 still went today.... they aren't camping it though. It's only supposed to get to a high of 50 today (if we're lucky) and it's gonna be rainy off and on all day. And windy. Not a good day. But you know those die hard snowmobilers - even when there is no snow, they still won't stay home.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
1. What color is your mouthwash? Green.
Crap. I'm old.
I really do need to take a break. I am on meme burnout. But I did tell Kimber I might do the TT answers every now & then... like now. It was short & simple and I was sorta bored so I figured why not. Plus I really wanted to answer that pecker question.
~Berleen has decided to take a break from meme writing so ya'll are stuck with me. (I am so sorry!) I will be using a couple questions from Thunkers each week until Berleen comes back~
Monday, September 28, 2009
I cried a tear
You wiped it dry
I was confused
You cleared my mind
I sold my soul
You bought it back for me
And held me up and gave me dignity
Somehow you needed me.
You gave me strength
To stand alone again
To face the world
Out on my own again
You put me high upon a pedestal
So high that I could almost see eternity
You needed me
You needed me
And I can't believe it's you I can't believe it's true
I needed you and you were there
And I'll never leave, why should I leave
I'd be a fool
'Cause I've finally found someone who really cares
You held my hand
When it was cold
When I was lost
You took me home
You gave me hope
When I was at the end
And turned my lies
Back into truth again
You even called me friend
This song speaks to me in so many ways... it screams out to someone, who shall remain nameless, but they know who they are. Someone who was there for me when it seemed nobody else was... I was in a dark place, they were in a dark place... it was meant to be at the moment. We went our separate ways, but I never forgot.
And yes, you who I'm talking about, can sit there with that evil little smile and try to hide your face - but I can see you smiling. You know it's you.
And stop with the hehehe'ing.
Part of my problem is I let memes sort of take over my blog... I didn't blog about anything other than memes and personally I sort of got burnt out. I found myself not even reading anyone else's meme answers. I guess I got tired of the repetition or something.
School is back in session and unless you live under a rock you already know that... it's amazing how much school can change people. Demon #2's personality did a 180 the minute school started. Now we are back to the argumentative, hostile, mean, difficult kid that I thought we lost over the summer. It really fricken sucks that she's back. Someday I'll get into the whole story of school bullies and being the odd one out, but I do know that it takes years to build character... and sometimes you don't see it being built until it's too late. There is a lot of fixing to do and honestly... I don't know where to start. The damage is done and is so deep that I don't know if we can ever fix it.
.... thats all for now. Just a quick check in. But I am sorry to those who come here to read my meme answers, there aren't going to be much of them anymore.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I like bubbles.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Sunday, September 13, 2009
This is what I got...
Your future is sure to be full of crazy adventures and giant pillows. You'll be chased by North Koreans and eat lollipops the size of your head. You will have 13 cats and carry a measuring cup with you wherever you go. You'll laugh when you should be crying and cry when you should be shitting and shit when you should be laughing. You are destined for great things. Unfortunately this is all in your head. You will really be strapped down in a straight jacket for the majority of your remaining 17 years. You will occasionally go out in the yard where you can see and pet your 13 cats which really turn out to be dandelions. You'll shit when you should be laughing and you'll shit when you should be crying but when you should be shitting, you'll be sucking your thumb which you think is that giant lollipop. You will be living in a different universe when in reality your parents will be ashamed and your friends will be squirrels.
I question one thing though; whats wrong with friendly squirrels? Thats the whole reason I wanna live in Montana in the woods next to a river... to be friends with the critters.
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Sunday Stealing: One Long Meme (Part One)
1. The phone rings. Who will it to be?
probably Debbie, but I wish it would be Kimber. I've needed to talk to her for over a week now.
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
at our local store, yes. At a Walmart or such, usually not.
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
depends on who's in the social circle. If it's with people I'm confortable with, I won't shut up.
4. Do you take compliments well?
No. I get all stupid about them.
5. Do you play Sudoku?
I know I've heard of it... oh wait it's that number one, right? No I don't.
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Acording to recent Facebook quiz I would
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
8. What was your favorite game as a kid?
running around outside playing tag or something.
9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you?
She? Wow... I'd be really confused.
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Depends on the difference... a very religious preacher kind, I don't think so.
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I play hard to get. Lets just leave it at that.
12. Use three words to describe yourself?
Philosophically confused goof.
13. Do any songs make you cry?
Ones about daddies
14. Are you continuing your education?
Aren't we constantly learning all the time?
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Yeah, it's pretty easy. Point, pull that little trigger thingie. It's easier than driving a car.
16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Yep. With a girl I was babysitting.
17. How often do you read books?
I never read more than one at a time.
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
I'm a past kind of person...
19. What is your favorite children’s book?
The Pokey Little Puppy
20.What color are your eyes?
Puppy dog brown
21. How tall are you?
5'5" and shrinking I think
22. Where is your dream house located?
in Montana next to a river in the middle of the woods
23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
my Serena Rosabella... and the rest of the critters.
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
I don't think I've ever been to one
25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
about a mile out of town to return a ladder.
26. Do you like mustard?
No. I go into convulsions at the taste of it - but it is the secret ingredient in my homemade BBQ sauce.
1. If everyone liked each other, what would we complain about?
the weather... just like always.
2. If you were most powerful person in the world, how would you use that power?
what kind of power do I have? Super powers? Mind control? Oh... I like mind control. I'd use it to make every asshole pick daisies and give them to random people.
3. If had exactly one year to live, what are the three things you'd want to do before you died?
Take my kids to Disneyland. Meet Kimber face to face. Play with tigers, leopards & cougars.
4. If you could change one thing about the world, what would that one thing be?
Get it back how it used to be when people weren't so germaphobic.
5. If you could take one thing back, what would that one thing be?
My Plymouth Sundance we sold years ago... I loved that car.
6. If you were stuck on an island forever but had all the water, food and shelter you needed. What would be the three other things you'd bring with you?
A male & female golden retriever... I end up with some interbred puppies eventually, but then I'd always have companions. A laptop w/unlimited internet usage & battery power and a boat.
7. If the internet didn't exist, would the quality of life go up or down?
Wow. Thats tough. Things are so convenient now as far as knowledge & communication, but I think the quality of people getting off their asses and doing something physical would go up.
8. If a million dollars fell off a back of a truck, would you keep it?
Is the Pope Catholic?
9. What is something you said, something you stole, something you did wrong?
"I love you" - hearts - broke some hearts
Thursday, September 10, 2009
1. A 90 year old man's dying wish in South Carolina was to be buried in his car. Link If you were told tomorrow you have 3 weeks to live, would you have any dying wishes or something special done before you died?
Tomorrow? Ok. Cremate me and add my Maxwell's ashes in with mine. He was my companion for 11 years... I wanna be with him for eternity. Once we are combined, then sprinkle us out at the lake. It will be the only time I could swim with that dog without him trying to save me from drowning - even though I was never drowning, he just thought I was all the time. Maybe I suck at swimming... maybe he knew something I didn't.
Even though I'm a snake fan, a baby lizard is too hard to pass up.
Easy. I would never go to a restaurant by myself... are you a fricken fruitcake?
I laugh.. it's their problem, not mine. But I bet I'd check my own shoes!
I had a boss from India that I couldn't understand. He got really used to my strange looks and constant "huh?"'s. Then I became his fricken interpreter. He always made me be with him while he talked to people at work so I could tell them what he said... LOL
Gimme a 4x4 pickup and let me have fun...
Yeah, they suck. I've also had them so bad they made me throw up. I'd rather have funky vision.
My dad always threatened to sell me to the circus...