Friday, October 31, 2008
1. My favorite food seasoning is Tastefully Simple's Seasoned Salt.
2. "You've Got Mail" is music to my ears when I see it's a sale from one of my shops!
3. Lucky is a cat or dog who is blind, deaf and missing one leg and still has a warm bed to sleep in at someone's house.
4. Humor is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people take life too fricken seriously.
6. A carton of cigarettes was the last thing I bought at the store. (yep, we fell off the non-smoking wagon)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing how many goblins show up at our door tonight, tomorrow my plans include helping hubby and Sunday, I want to get more laundry done. Well I don't want to, but I probably will anyway!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
In other news, the kitten is leaving today. She's litterboxed trained (like that was hard) and she's poopin' pretty solid poops. It was runny yesterday due to change in environment, stress, shots, dewormer or all of the above. I went to the vet and grabbed some anti-diarrea meds for her and it took hold overnight. She's all set to go to my parents when the girls get home from school. (They insist they are the ones that deliver her. Whatever.) I also got one of our extra litterboxes that weren't being used, some litter, food, toys, treats, scratching thing and a bed. My parents are all set to take their kitten.
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!
And now for my answers... Demon #2 answered this yesterday!
- Would you let your children go Trick or Treating at Michael Jackson's house? Why not? I have girls, no worries there. They would be in costume, he'd never recognize them on the street anyway. He probably gives out the best candy! It's not like we'd be going inside of his house or anything.
- Did you eat paste and/or glue as a child? I can honestly say that I did not.
- Look at the wall to your right, what is on it? A wooden harley that the husband's grandpa made.
- Do you put butter and/or salt on your popcorn? Both. I like my food with heart attack possibilities.
- What does your favorite coffee cup look like? It has a pictures of the demons and says "Moms Goofballs" on it.
- What was your favorite Halloween costume? I tried to find a picture of it online, but I can't remember what it was called. It was this big blow-up head thing that you wore on your head? I think it was 1980 or 81. *edit - thanks to Debbie over at Through Thick n Thin (because obviously we had the same kick-ass taste in Halloween costomes!) I now know what it was. Kooky Spooks - I had the black one... looking at them now, they were sort of lame, weren't they?
- Toilet Paper - hard, soft, extra soft? Extra soft. Charmin. Ultra soft. Enough said.
- Have you ever rescued/taken in a stray animal? Yep. Just this week.
- Name 3 things you want your kids to learn before they grow up. (if you don't have kids, feel free to skip this one or add your own twist to the question) How to turn off lights, but then again when they are paying the electric bill in their own house I don't care if they know how to or not. How to take "no" for an answer. How to cook without the use of a microwave, because microwaves are just a fad, ya know.
- Pick one of the Thursday Thunk players and say something about them. I'm going with K, too. (same as the demon) I think it's fun that someone came crawling out from my past and started playing... plus she is much more creative & better at writing and stuff than most of us so she will be an excellent addition!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The following answers are by Demon #2 (my 12 year old daughter)
- Would you let your children go Trick or Treating at Michael Jackson's house? No I wouldn't, never in my life. Even if I had kids.
- Did you eat paste and/or glue as a child? not that I can remember
- Look at the wall to your right, what is on it? a calendar, a phone charger and a picture frame and a shelf with a whole bunch of random objects on it.
- Do you put butter and/or salt on your popcorn? I don't know how to put butter on my popcorn but I would put salt on it if I wanted to.
- What does your favorite coffee cup look like? it's got a face on it. *goes and grabs it* it's a green coffee cup with a girly face on it.
- What was your favorite Halloween costume? I don't think it's ever been invented but if there was one like this it would be Shadow the Hedgehog. Actually I have seen it, I've seen it in pictures.
- Toilet Paper - hard, soft, extra soft? extra soft!!! Gotta keep that butt nice and comfy
- Have you ever rescued/taken in a stray animal? yes a couple of days ago. A cute little kitty.
- Name 3 things you want your kids to learn before they grow up. (if you don't have kids, feel free to skip this one or add your own twist to the question) how to read, how to play video games and how to take care of pets
- Pick one of the Thursday Thunk players and say something about them. (K) she's a great librarian. She picks out the best books.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Stupid cat is grey & white - which I want, but I already have 3 cats so I talked Dad into taking it... but Joyce said only when it's litterbox trained. So she's in my bathroom until she's trained and then I have to give her to Dad & Joyce.
I told them the best animals are the ones who find you... and she found them.
I think Dad already named her --- Fritz.
10 Favorite Horror Movies
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (all of them... except the 2nd. That was kinda dumb)
- The Ring
- Child's Play
- Children of the Corn
- Dead Silence
- The Shining
- The Others
- Saw (all of them.. even the one I haven't seen! LOL)
- Rosemary's Baby
Next week: 10 Things You Love Talking About
Sunday, October 26, 2008
1. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain? isn't there always one?
2. If you have a dream come true, what would it be? to never have anyone fight in my house every again. Or outside the house, for that matter.
3. Do you believe in eternity love? why yes I do
4. What feeling do you love most? love
5. What feeling do you hate the most? my kids' feelings being hurt
6. Do you cherish every single friendship of yours? No. I say that because some friendships just aren't meant to last. I'd like to say yes, but I know that there are those that I probably would be better off if they would end. There are a couple choice friendships in my life that I cherish with every fiber of my being, though.
7. Do you believe in God? Mostly, yes.
8. Who cares for you most? Who? I'd like to say my husband or the demons, but the husband.. well, he's just a husband. I mean, he loves me and all that, but cares for me? Thats a different ballgame all around. I'd have to say my dad.
9. What do you think is the most important thing in your life? My kids. That was easy.
10. What emotion do you like to show? sillyness - is that an emotion?
11. If you have something troubling you, what do you do? Call someone and hope they answer.
12. Who do you admire most? It's a toss up. Melissa for being a single mom and dealing with some real bullshit in her life but still standing strong and getting stronger everyday and even though her screwups are right out there in the open, she holds her head up high and tells the world to fuck off.
And Kimber for having 5 demons and a husband and going through what is probably the worst type of hardships that someone can go through and she can still laugh at my stupid jokes.
13. Who did you last chat with in a chat room? LOL I have no idea... thats been YEARS!
14. What kind of person do you think the one we stole this meme from is? Someone who is very nosey... LOL
15. What color did you use to dye your hair? Wait a minute, how do you know I used to dye my hair?
16. Why are you doing this meme? Because it's Sunday and thats what I do on Sunday.
17. What do you do when you're moody? Piss someone off.
18. At which age do you wish to or did you, get married? I was 23.
19. If today is the last day of your life, what will you do? Get the hell off this computer and spend time with my husband and kids and make a few phone calls in the process.
20. Who is the person you trust the most? Myself
21. Last time you smiled? When I answered #17
22. What are you listening to right now? the dog barking, Demon #2 repeating "Chico" over and over again and the sounds of a Sonic the Hedgehog game.
23. Who was the last person you saw in your dream? my husband
24. Are you talking to someone while doing this? No
25. Do you walk with your eyes open or closed? WTF? Open... why would I close my eyes? I might run into a wall or something.
26. Is there a quote you live by? I feel like a broken record - "there's nothing you can't do, some things just take a little longer"
27. Do you want someone you cannot have? just Mel Gibson but thats because the husband says I can't. I haven't asked Mel yet, but I'm sure he'd say yes.
28. Who always makes you laugh? Saki when she falls on her face. Clumsy dog.
29. What was the worst idea you've had this week? Pulling the fridge out to fix some tiles. Then I had to clean what was back there.
30. Do you speak another language other than English? Nope.
Years later, now an adult, I started going to a dentist in another town and wouldn't you know... she was working the desk. I had to ask her for the recipe. She actually laughed at me that I remembered her cookies. How couldn't I? Seriously? We were scheduled to come in a few days later and when we did... there was the recipe waiting for me.
I've made them dozens of times and each time my kids and the husband goes nuts over them.
So this is what I am doing today... making the famous cookies and everyone is filling up their tummies on them! Luckily I made a double batch!
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Lets start over. I just told Demon #1 (who remember is 14) that her dad & I were going to go out and get drunk tonight. We aren't, but thats besides the point. Actually, she doesn't believe me because we never do so she basically laughed at me. Then she said I couldn't because I wasn't 21.
"If I wasn't 21 yet, you wouldn't be born yet."
"You were 21 when I was born?"
"Yeah, I was 21 when I got pregnant with you... no wait... it was 2 weeks after my 21st birthday."
(she laughs) "2 weeks after?"
"Yeah, which is a good thing because then you would have been an alcohol baby"
"You drank on your 21st birthday?"
"Yeah, because thats what you do when you turn 21."
"So when I turn 21 I should get drunk?"
"Yes and not before."
"So I should drink and get drunk and have a headache the next day? Thats silly."
and she walked away.
*cue the look of disbelief that I actually taught my kid something good*
2. What's the best movie you've seen?
3. What's the best quote you know? "There's nothing you can't do, some things just take a little longer"
4. What's the best book you've read?
5. What's the best thing someone's done for you?
My parents helped us buy this house so we could get out of the poster-child of trailer parks that we were living in.
6. What's the best thing about your job?
I can work in my underwear.
7. What’s the best CD you own?
8. What’s the best new TV show you watch?
The New Adventures of Old Christine
9. What’s the best car you’ve owned?
Plymouth Sundance. Everyone hated that car, but I loved it.
Friday, October 24, 2008
This is nuts. I mean, was he heartbroken? Is he in mourning?
TOKYO: A 43-year-old Japanese woman whose sudden divorce in a virtual game world made her so angry that she killed her online husband's digital persona has been arrested on suspicion of hacking, police said Thursday.
The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto popular interactive game "Maple Story" to carry out the virtual murder in mid-May, a police official in northern Sapporo said on condition of anonymity, citing department policy.
"I was suddenly divorced, without a word of warning. That made me so angry," the official quoted her as telling investigators and admitting the allegations.
The woman had not plotted any revenge in the real world, the official said.
She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.
Players in "Maple Story" raise and manipulate digital images called "avatars" that represent themselves, while engaging in relationships, social activities and fighting against monsters and other obstacles.
The woman used login information she got from the 33-year-old office worker when their characters were happily married, and killed the character. The man complained to police when he discovered that his beloved online avatar was dead.
if you don't believe me....
Between the husband and Demon #2, I guess this explains why I have such great blood pressure.
A smelly rotten-egg gas in farts controls blood pressure in mice, a new study finds.
The unpleasant aroma of the gas, called (H2S), can be a little too familiar, as it is expelled by bacteria living in the human colon and eventually makes its way, well, out.
The new research found that cells lining mice's blood vessels naturally make the gas and this action can help keep the rodents' blood pressure low by relaxing the blood vessels to prevent ( ). This gas is "no doubt" produced in cells lining human blood vessels too, the researchers said.
"Now that we know hydrogen sulfide's role in regulating blood pressure, it may be possible to design drug therapies that enhance its formation as an alternative to the current methods of treatment for hypertension," said Johns Hopkins neuroscientist Solomon H. Snyder, M.D., a co-author of the study detailed in the Oct. 24th issue of the journal Science.
Snyder and his colleagues compared normal mice to mice that were missing a gene for an enzyme known as CSE, long suspected as being responsible for making hydrogen sulfide. As they measured hydrogen sulfide levels taken from tissues of the CSE-deficient mice, the scientists found that the gas was depleted in the cardiovascular systems of the altered mice. By contrast, normal mice had higher levels of the gas, thereby showing that hydrogen sulfide is naturally made by mammalian tissues using CSE.
Next, the mice were subjected to higher blood pressures comparable to serious hypertension in humans. Scientists had them respond to a chemical called methacholine that relaxes normal blood vessels. The blood vessels of the CSE-lacking mice hardly relaxed, indicating that hydrogen sulfide is a huge contender for regulating blood pressure.
Hydrogen sulfide is the most recently discovered member of a family of gasotransmitters, small molecules inside our bodies with important physiological functions.
This study is the first to reveal that the CSE enzyme that triggers hydrogen sulfide is activated itself in the same way as other enzymes when they trigger their respective gasotransmitter, such as a nitric oxide-forming enzyme that also regulates blood pressure, Dr. Snyder said.
Because gasotransmitters are common in mammals all over the evolutionary tree, these findings on the importance of hydrogen sulfide are thought to have broad applications to human diseases, such as diabetes and neurodegenerative diseases.
The research was supported by grants from the U.S. Public Health Service and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research as well as a Research Scientist Award.
I wanna know who actually decided to study this.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
I love that commerical... have you seen it? Honestly, I can't even think of what the commerical is for anymore. A soup I think. Anyway, this guy is eating in his cubical and this other guy comes up and tells him he is making new nameplates and wants his name and the dude is so into his food, which is yummy, he says "numyummy". So the next day his nameplate says "Num Yummy". I just love it. Num Yummy.
My parents should have named me that.
If you realize your house is on fire while you are using the bathroom, do you wipe or just run for the door? I would wipe. Yep I would. Habit I suppose. Especially if it's #2. Thats just gross. Could you imagine running outside with that in your pants? People would think your burning house doesn't smell like a regular burning house.
Why is there a light in the fridge but not in the freezer? because you don't normally stand with the freezer open wondering what to eat?
When thinking about yourself, what color do you see yourself as? sky blue pink. I do, really.
Why are people able to have unprotected sex with someone, but afraid to tell them if they have an STD? Because sex isn't a committed act in a case where you would probably give someone an STD.. and to tell them you have one after the fact... thats personal and you just can't get all personal with something you've just had sex with.
just go here and play.
Long time, right?
Last night I was thinking about this and then it hit me... in 3 years Demon #1 will be 17 years old and a Junior in high school. Demon #2 will be 15 years old and a Sophomore in high school. She's going to be the age we all were when we grew up... the whole class reuinion...
OMG I'm going to pass out.
Then I think about my friend who mentioned to me yesterday something about her kid and Kindergarten. Now, to me, Kindergarten to 3rd grade isn't that big of a stretch. They are still little! And yeah, I know, I've gone through it. I'd probably have a panic attack about the 3rd grade thing if I was in her shoes. But 11th grade? That seems so far away... this is my little girl, the one who is just blossoming into a woman..... and who has the hormones and mood swings of a Queen Bitch from Hell (hence the whole demon spawn thing... I tell ya, I called it when I was pregnant.). I cannot imagine her in 11th grade.. having boyfriends... driving (Lord, allow your light to shine upon me)... figuring out if it's marine biology or meteorology she's going to go after. This just isn't right.
Not in 3 years. That's a lifetime away.
.... isn't it?
This post gave me an idea for a new design! At least my wacked out thoughts are good for something.
Monday, October 20, 2008
I Quit Snowmobiling
Your sledding buddies will get a laugh out of this one when they see "I quit snowmobiling" but then see that it actually says "I quit my job so I could do more snowmobiling".
I hate having days like this. I can't think of anything to design. I made this one, but it's only because I saw a similar quote on another site. It said "I quit ________ dancing".
But now I'm stuck. My mind is completely blank and I should be pushing out designs like crazy with Christmas coming up. But I can't. It's like a writers block sort of thing.
Throw me a bone - what should I design today?
I just hate days like this.
Ok I did one for scrapbooking, too. I Quit Scrapbooking I really am bored today and not very creative.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
That word is so wierd. It's not even pronounced anywhere near how it's spelled! And they wonder why the English language is so hard to learn.
Anyway, she shared this link. A How-To on how to use one of these things. Who comes up with this stuff? Here is a list of the "warnings" listed.
Be very careful when turning on the water, as many bidets can produce a very high jet of water with only a slight turn of the control.This just sent me into a rolling laugh... seriously.
Dry wipe at least once after having a bowel movement and before using the bidet. Excess fecal matter may clog the bidet drain. This can be quite disgusting for someone who uses the bidet after you.
or thrilling....Be very careful adjusting the temperature and pressure on the bidet. You want to avoid scalding sensitive skin, and high pressure can be very irritating.
Drinking from a bidet is not recommended. The stream can ricochet off a soiled area and become contaminated.
I'm thinking that the experience of actually using one of these would be so fun & comical that it would be a shame to experience it alone. This is something to share with friends!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Thank you so very very much! I'm all warm & fuzzy feeling inside now.
This is a "pay-it-forward" type of award, so there are rules to accepting it. They are:
* Display your award.
* Link back to the person who gave you the award.
* Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
* Put links to those blogs on yours.
* Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.
* Enjoy your award!
I had to pass this on to the blogger friends I have out there... a few of them I probably sucked into this whole blogging thing in the first place.
- Kitty who is having a baby in a few days so her blog BETTER be filled with the whining of new baby mom stories pretty soon!
- Kimber ... because, well.... it's Kimber.
- Jen is one my favorites because she doesn't normally say a lot on our forums, but she really opens up on her blog!
- Rae (aka "Mom") because it is the coolest thing ever to see a Bloggin' Grandma learning the blogging ropes! She will probably have no idea what to do with this "award" information, but thats ok!
- My bestest friend in the whole wide world. She's another "just because it's her".
- My sweet Lesley. She is the photography queen with the most incredible stories behind the pictures!
- Misty. She is the brain behind Camera Critters. Anyone who can be as obsessed as photographing animals as I am deserves this.
If you could jump into any book … what would it be and why?
One of the Little House books because I'm sick of the prices of everything and going back to selling chicken eggs seems like an ok deal to me right about now.
Tell how you are feeling today in the form of a weather report. (For example, partly cloudy, sunny with a chance for showers etc.)
partly shitty?? Ok seriously... um. It's a little foggy here this morning as the sun is just starting to rise. Seems a little warm, maybe a small storm front coming in because of the lightning but lets hope it blows over once the sun is completely up.
What activities make you lose track of time?
What were you doing one hour ago?
sleeping... well, maybe not. I think an hour ago I was trying to get back a small part of the bed from the dogs so I could sleep.
Recipe for this Week - Pick your battles.
PLEASE PLAY !!!! Come on you know you want to!To play along go here.
Play along by clicking the image!
1. Follow the yellow brick road. (wow... that was lame)
2. My pillow is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must get off your ass.
4. The way to my heart is through chocolate & peanut butter is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have a crush on Angelina Jolie.
6. That dead body floats.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to nothing really... except I think I'm going to a movie tonight with my niece, tomorrow my plans include a birthday party for my nephew and Sunday, I want to not worry about it until it gets here!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
What was your favorite toy as a child?
I'll have to say My Little Pony. I got my first one in 3rd grade and it evolved from there... I collected them through high school. I still have most of them yet, but I did sell one on Ebay a couple years ago for 80 bucks. If money was no object, but you could only buy ONE thing, what would you buy your spouse/significant other? A piece of land with a huge shed on it.
What about your children? Krissy wouldn't forgive me if I wouldn't buy her an XBox 360, which I could buy now but I won't. I suppose I'd buy her every video game system imaginable with every Sonic game ever made.
Taryn? A room size aquarium.
Now, if you only had $10 to buy one thing, what would it be? 10 peanut butter cups.
What's on your refrigerator? tons of magnets. A school calendar, some notes from church, a phone list, some photo Christmas cards and a picture of a bear that Krissy drew.
What's on top of it? phone books, a Mickey Mouse cookie jar, a cribbage board, my mom's silver set and a box of scalloped potatos that Krissy is supposed to bring to church for the food shelf.
Go look in it. Whats in there that would gross the rest of us out? Yesterday I could have listed a few things, but the husband cleaned it out last night.
Whats your favorite type of potato? Mashed w/ a puddle of butter in the middle.
Do you have an address book? Do you write in it or do you just stick return addresses/envelopes in it? I do both. I write in the ones I know and then get lazy and it's now filled with about 20 envelopes.
Look up. Do you like your ceiling? It's dirty, but for a ceiling it's ok. And there's a fly on it. I wish I could walk upside down like a fly and not have all the blood rush to my head.