Yeah, I know. I've REALLY sucked at blogging lately. I've mentioned that before, too. I have an excuse - I've been working. It's that season you know, shopping. So bare with me while I shamlessly plug my shops here, because, well... a girl has got to make some money. Head on over to www.insanitywear.com, it's the starting point. Trust me when I tell you that you will find SOMETHING for SOMEONE on your list. There's lots of new stuff, which is why I haven't been blogging much. I've been busy -- I told you that!
Ok anyway, onto what most of you came to read today....
This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Berleen, the color snow white and the number 8 (days until my birthday).
1. Sometimes when you are sitting around doing nothing, a thought randomly pops into your head. How many measuring cups do you own?
I personally own too damn many. But I did recently purchase a set from Pampered Chef that rocks my world. All my other measuring cups could perish in a fire and I wouldn't care. There's even a tiny one that you can use as a mesauring spoon!
2. What is your favorite ice cream topping?
chocolate & peanut butter, of course!
3. Egg nog - is it digestible?
I wouldn't know. Can't get past the smell of the stuff.
4. Were you one of the insane humans who went to a store last Friday?
Nope. I remembered that I hate shopping that day and stayed home!
5. There are 12 months in a year, anywhere from 28 - 31 days in a month, depending on the year, of course. Each day holds a special meaning for someone, some days hold a special meaning for everybody. Do you have a 2010 calendar yet?
Nope. Second nope of this blog post. Fun. I'm hoping for a Twilight calendar for Christmas, though. Hint hint.
6. Kids are funny sometimes and say the darndest things, but it's ok because they are kids and they are so adorable. A two year old is cute when they say a swear word. Admit it, they are. What was your favorite nursery rhyme growing up? Hey - if you don't have a favorite, just work with me here and pick the first one that fell off the wall and broke like an egg or came out of the sky like a cow who just jumped over the moon.
Three little kittens they lost their mittens, and they began to cry,
"Oh mother dear, we sadly fear that we have lost our mittens."
"What! Lost your mittens, you naughty kittens!
Then you shall have no pie."
"Meeow, meeow, meeow, now we shall have no pie."
The three little kittens they found their mittens,
And they began to cry,
"Oh mother dear, see here, see here
For we have found our mittens."
"Put on your mittens, you silly kittens
And you shall have some pie"
"Meeow, meeow, meeow,
Now let us have some pie."
The three little kittens put on their mittens
And soon ate up the pie,
"Oh mother dear, we greatly fear
That we have soiled our mittens."
"What! soiled you mittens, you naughty kittens!"
Then they began to cry, "Meeow, meeow, meeow"
Then they began to sigh.
The three little kittens they washed their mittens
And hung them out to dry,
"Oh mother dear, do you not hear
That we have washed our mittens."
"What! washed your mittens, you are good kittens."
But I smell a rat close by,
"Meeow, meeow, meeow" we smell a rat close by...
7. Most of us have some type of machine that people like to call 'vehicles'. Some are blue, some are yellow, some are red. Some have trunks, some have beds and some even can't decide if they are a car or a truck. We put gas in them, check the oil and drive them all over the place and stop them in places called parking spots. Picture in your mind the machine you currently own and if you own more than one, picture the one you last drove - when was the last time you had a new tire on it?
Um..... yeah, like I remember that.
8. For those of us on Facebook, do you wish to share your Facebook identity with us?
Does this link work?
9. Santa's coming! Where's the best place to hide presents? Any clever little tricks for keeping those nosey people from ruining the surprise?
I hide them in the basement. We have a hole in the ground type basement... concrete floor, rock walls with some dirt mixed in. Furnace, water heater and Christmas decos are all thats down there. The kids are afraid of the basement so they never travel down those stairs.
10. Have you heard that the world is going to end in 2012? Some people think that the world isn't actually going to go BOOM! and be no more, they think that the "end of the world" is actually going to be a worldwide takeover by a certain country and/or religion, which all has to do with the current president of the USA. Do you agree?
I am one of those people who is afraid of the end of the world. I won't even watch movies about it - I get nightmares. When my husband told me this idea people have about Muslims taking over, I told him to shut up. It was too late - I'm obsessed about it now.
11. Butterly, butterfly fluttering through the air, please don't land on my freshly washed hair. What brand of shampoo did you use this morning? (and for those of you who still stink.. think of yesterday morning... and if that still doesn't apply to you - go get your stinky butt in the shower!)
Aussie. It rocks my world. Although I bought Suave conditioner yesterday because it was on sale and decided to use it because it was the coconut stuff and I love that smell. Shouldn't have done it. My hair feels like straw now.