Sunday, October 26, 2008

The best damn chocolate chip cookies ever

When I was younger I hung out at a farm that my sister's husband's family owns. My BIL's brother's wife made the BEST cookies ever. Her daughter, Jenny, and I would sneak into the house and take them while she was baking them. Never in my life had I tasted cookies this good.

Years later, now an adult, I started going to a dentist in another town and wouldn't you know... she was working the desk. I had to ask her for the recipe. She actually laughed at me that I remembered her cookies. How couldn't I? Seriously? We were scheduled to come in a few days later and when we did... there was the recipe waiting for me.

I've made them dozens of times and each time my kids and the husband goes nuts over them.

So this is what I am doing today... making the famous cookies and everyone is filling up their tummies on them! Luckily I made a double batch!

2 comments:

Kimber said...

I want one, but it would give me a headache. :(

Teena in Toronto said...

Wow! They look good! Gimme some!