Saturday 9: Wedding Bell Blues
1. If you have been or are married, tell us about your wedding. If you are not, tell us how would you want it to be.
It was sweet. Totally casual, people had beers in their hands while we said "I do". I wanted to be barefoot, but the husband said he wouldn't marry me without shoes on. Yeah, I don't know either. We roasted a hog, had a friend run the stereo for our make-shift DJ service. It was great! Cheap (because we had no money) but it was so fun... I wouldn't have changed a thing. Except I would have kept my shoes off. I still don't get that.
2. What age would you encourage your children to get married?
I don't think there is a perfect age. It all depends where you are at in your life.
3. Who got married at the last wedding that you attended?
the bride & groom
4. Do you enjoy weddings and receptions?
most of them, yes. If they don't play the Chicken Dance the whole thing wasn't worth it.
5. Have you cried at a wedding?
6. Would you prefer a lavish event or a intimate ceremony?
Lavish is for the birds. Who are you trying to impress anyway?
7. Have you ever been in some one’s wedding party? If yes, do tell.
Twice. My sisters when I was around 11 or something and my bestest friends'. Hers was comical because I was 8 months pregnant.... she's got stories about that that she loves to tell. I'll just keep my mouth shut.
8. Does a wedding make you happy and sentimental or grouchy and skeptical?
Depends on who is getting married. If the husband becomes the ex and he gets married I might just be a little grouchy. If my demons get married I'll probably be one of those blubbery idiot moms that everyone want to lock in the coat closet.
9. Why do you think our divorce rate is so high?
Divorce is too easy. Plus nobody takes marriage seriously. I got into an argument with someone once... he tried to tell me that his marriage vows meant more than mine did. Funny how he's divorced now and I'm not. I guess I won that argument. Yea me!