Thursday, April 10, 2008

St. Cloud Times | Local News

St. Cloud Times | Local News: "forecasters are now predicting between 10 and 15 inches of snow from a winter storm expected to hit Central Minnesota later today.

St. Cloud State University meteorologist Bob Weisman predicts 10 to 15 inches and the National Weather Service predicts between 12 and 15.

A winter storm warning issued Wednesday takes effect at 1 p.m. today and runs until 7 a.m. Saturday.

About a foot of heavy, wet snow is expected to fall in an area that includes St. Cloud, Hutchinson and Redwood Falls.

The warning begins at 7 p.m. for Little Falls and Alexandria.

The record snowfall for April 10 in St. Cloud is 6 inches set in 1992 and the record is 2.5 inches on April 11 in 1993."


What the hell is this? 15 inches of snow? Seriously, Mrs. Mother Nature... or are you a Miss? I've always assumed that you are either married to Old Man Winter or Father Time, one of the two... whoever you are - can you stop with the fricken snowstorms already? I've already cleaned out my flowerbeds, been on walks with the dogs with no coat and, don't tell my parents but, I've already gone barefoot outside!

... there's some rule that says you can only go barefoot in the months that don't have an "R" in them. I break it every year.

Either give me a real winter... blast me with 24 inches of snow in November and keep dumping it through the end of February... then let it slowly melt and let me tend to my rose bushes.

Not this stuff shit. I hate it. And even for the snowmobiling husband that I have... it sucks. By the time he gets it all plowed off the driveways that he has to do, it will be melted (it is supposed to be in the 50s on Sunday) and he won't get to go sleddin' anyway.

Enough!

1 comment:

Karen Coutu said...

Oh my goodness! I just posted about the weather on my blog no more than 60 seconds ago. LOL!!!