Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mom of the Year Award (what was she thinking????)

Amber @ Mommy Mania felt a strange need to give me this amazing award. I feel very honored, and special, and all warm and gooey inside, just like chocolate chip cookies. Thanks Amber!

1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

- Sorry, but it's not in the past. It's current and I don't know how long it will be current. The worst thing is my social phobia, which stops us from doing a lot of things that the demons would like to do... like going to the mall.

2)To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!

- I love how artistic Demon #2 is. She is amazing with a pencil & sketchbook.

- I love how Demon #1 is so much like me with her random outbursts of sillyness. She can jump into a room and announce that she's there better than I ever could. The other day she runs in and says "Who invented marshmallows?".. just to say something silly.

- I love Demon #2's hugs.

- I love how both demons still want me to tuck them in at night... and as much as I hate it, I love the 10 "Mom wait!"'s that I hear every night.

- I love that Demon #1 has such a wide variety of music tastes. She loves Poison, Johnny Cash & ACDC.

- I love how they think I'm the only one who can make a bologna sandwhich, eggs and my macaroni salad. They say anyone else's doesn't taste right.

- I love how both of them think alcohol is the dumbest thing ever. They think getting drunk is silly. I can only hope that train of thought stays another 10 years....

- I love that I haven't killed them both yet.

OOps. That was 8. Oh well.

3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!"

Melissa, Kimber, Karen, Jen & whoever else wants to do this!


No comments: