Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thawing out

We are finally thawing out. Yesterday morning we broke a record in our area with -33 degrees. Thats a big fat F behind that, not a C. It's been a cold week, let me tell you! When it's 1- or 20 degrees you can easily run outside for something without a coat on, but not when it's -30. You have to bundle up just to open the front door. cold.gif
Not to mention my poor furnace couldn't keep up. Thats what I get with having a boiler and hot water heat. There is no instant heat, and no circulating of the air when we are all sleeping. Hopefully now the poor thing can catch a break... woke up to 15 degrees this morning and after this last week - that's a heat wave!
I am so sick of our roads being covered with ice & snow, too. We haven't been over freezing in weeks, so the roads just stay as they are. When it's this cold the salt & chemicals that they put down doesn't do any good. Once it hits 20-30 degrees they will and then... well then I'll be bitching about the slushy sloppy mess that's out there.

Yesterday Kimber & I were both having a blast on the forums. Most of the time it seemed like we were just talking to ourselves, but man it was fun! But I think I realized that Kimber has a crush on me during the process. Hmmm I'll have to start watching what I say to her from now on, I don't want her to get the wrong idea or anything. wub.gif
Call this another shameless plug or just a bit of whining, but I'm really frustrated with the forums right now. No matter how much Kimber & I post it seems that nobody replies. We have a good, small group of people who log in multiple times a day, you would think we would have something to read whenever we log in... but it seems like it's only if her & I post. We need new blood. I absolutely love that CruelPaul joined up a few weeks ago... he's a snowmobiling buddy of the husband's... he's a hoot. He's so fun. But that reminds me that he didn't receive a very warm welcome from our members at all... in fact I've noticed that quite a few of them have not even acknowledged the fact that he's even there. A simple "hi" or "welcome" in his introduction thread would have been nice. But at least Nicho is liking having him there... I haven't seen Nicho post this much for years.
Like I said, we need new blood. New blood to go in and shake things up a bit. Different opinions, different views, different personalities.

Another whine of mine is I still can't shake this damn cold I've had for over a week. icon44.gif Thats really why my blogging has gone to almost nothing. I'm sick of this stuffed head and plugged up ears. Plugged ears have to be the worst. Drives me insane. Maybe thats why I can't understand how someone can walk around with a Q-Tip in their ear and forget its there. How can anyone stand something in their ears? I don't get it.

(sorry, if you would read the forums, you would get that! mfr_lol.gif)

It's amazing to me that in a house of 4 people, only one person can get knocked out by this bug. I mean seriously, why do I get stuck with this sickness for days and days and everyone else is fine? It's not fair. It's just not fair!!! wallbash.gif I didn't hurt nobody, what did I do to deserve this?
I even tried putting Vicks on the bottom of my feet one night and it didn't do a damn thing. My bestest friend swears by it, but I don't know why.

So I'm going to go back to drinking my coffee morning1.gif and reading blogs/news/whatever else and see what today will bring for me.

I'm out of laundry soap, so I know I have to go buy some of that. And milk. Damn these people drink a lot of milk. I need to buy my own cow.


6 comments:

Kimber said...

That was fun yesterday, and I really thought more people would post if only to tell us we were being silly. LOL Oh well at least we had fun.

Sujomi said...

OK, OK! You guilted me...I just registed.

Berleen said...

LOL Sweet... thank you ;)

Amber said...

I actually registered yesterday out of sheer boredom, before I read this post. Interesting.
You're the only one getting sick cause they elected you to be their martyr.
:oD

Staci said...

I'm absolutely sick of this weather too!! I think you have it worse in MN than I do here in Michigan. But right now it is still snowing about 8 inches, the wind is blowing, and the temp with wind chill is about -20!!

Anonymous said...

I suck; I'm sorry. I keep forgetting about the forum! My new resolution is to check in at least four or five times a week - I promise!