Cheers to all us thieves!
Sunday Stealing: The Christmas Meme
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper. What fun is gift bags? Ripping the paper is the whole fun of it!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I have my parent's old tree. I'm cheap. I can't see spending $100 on a tree you only use once a year. But after Christmas I wanna try to find a white tree on clearance just to use every now and then.
3. When do you put up the tree? When I feel like it. We put the tree up last weekend. I get sick of it really quick.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the weekend after Christmas.... like I said, I get sick of it quick.
5. Do you like eggnog? No. The husband does though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Any of the My Little Pony sets. I loved them! I know they are back out again, but they just aren't the same as the 80's ones.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents. They have everything.... well, they have everything they want because if they want it, they buy it.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Demon #2. She makes it very clear what she wants for gifts.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but it offends some people because it's the Bearfoots nativity scene. The husband even made me a rustic looking barn thing to go with it.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Email is so last year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't know if there has been a worst. Probably some sweater my parents bought me when I was a teen or something.
12. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The only one we ever have - ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn.....
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? We do this gift exchange at my parents we call "White Elephant". You put your gift in a brown paper bag and we put all the bags in the middle of the room and draw numbers... you pick a bag and you can keep your gift or exchange it for someone else's that's already been opened (only once). You see a lot of recycling going on there but it's always fun.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Trees.
16. Lights on the tree? Do I put lights on the tree? Yes. I use different colors every year. I hate multi-colored lights though. This year I have a white string, red string & blue string LOL
17. Favorite Christmas song? Haven't I answered this 100 times in the past couple weeks? Gene Autry's Rudolf the Red-nosed Reindeer.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Christmas Day we stay home, but Christmas Eve we go to my parents (a block away) and the Saturday before Christmas this year we are going to Jason's sisters for his side of the familys' Christmas. She lives about 5 miles away. Nobody really strayed far from home in our families.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Now thats one thing I'm goofy about - it's gotta be an angel. And it's a real angel, not a bear or anything.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We've always done Christmas morning with the demons. Thats one thing I will miss most of all when they grow up. There is a rule that no matter what time they wake up, they wake us up and we go open presents. (the earliest so far has been 4:30) I used to get up early and turn the tree lights on so everything would be ready... because Santa came overnight. I miss hearing one of them get up, sneak downstairs to see what was there and then go back upstairs and wake the other one up with whispered surprise "Oh my God! You gotta come down...." or whatever the words were that year. Now that Santa is "done" they are only surprised by their stockings and they still have to wake us up. It's stilll magical though. It's probably my favorite morning of the entire year.