Thursday, April 03, 2008

Bad Mom, scaring your child like that!

So we are sitting around watching tv last night and some ghost hunter show was on. This is something we've watched before, not a huge deal for an 11 year old, right? She loves the show... she's the one who wanted it on.

So, on the show, there is this plastic red ball. Demon #2 says; "Wouldn't it be freaky if all of a sudden a baseball would fall down the the stairs?".

Being the quick-thinking mom that I am, I say; "You know what would be even more freaky?"

I've got her attention... she looks at me with a big smile waiting for the punchline of the joke.

"If you didn't own a baseball."

It totally freaked her out! LOL She said her stomach twisted and everything. She was afraid to get out of the chair... afraid of the baseball that we DO HAVE.

I know it's mean, but it was funny. I can't believe I scared her like that over something so silly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOL! I can't wait to scare my kids. I don't know, my parents used to scare the crap out of us! Lol. I think it's funny.

Jenny said...

Ha! That's the best part about being a parent...playing jokes on them and lurking around corners to jump out and scare the bejeezus out of 'em. I think it will be a blast when my girls are older to see how they handle scary movies and such!