Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Meow meow big kitty cat


It's a baby puma! I always wanted a big cat. In fact, when I was a teenager I said I wanted to die in the jaws of a big cat. How stupid of an idea was that? I no longer wish my death to be the meal of my beloved feline friends, but I also don't want to own one anymore. I hate the thought of owning one, although what joy it would bring to wake up with big cougar eyes staring at you or tiger breath in your face! Nope, as much as that would be a dream, I wish to leave all my large friends where they belong - in the wild. Who gives me the right to cage one up? I cannot give them the amount of acres that they would need to hunt for their own food, find their own mate and raise their own cubs. And a fenced in area of no matter how much acerage couldn't give them that anyway. They need to be free... free to do as they please, when they please without humans always getting in the way.
I love to watch them at zoos, but it saddens me like you wouldn't believe. To watch a tiger lay in it's enclosure.. looking up at it's watchers. Amazing, right? Not really - what is he thinking? What is he feeling? If he was really wild he would run at the sight of a human, either that or charge them. We take them, cage them, put them on display for what? Education? Entertainment? It's so sad.
And then the public outcry when a zoo animal attacks. Common sense, people. Think about it. At some point enough is enough - even for a
dumb animal.

No comments: